Data from: (if we've garbled it, blame us not them)
Fellowship for Intentional Community: Our mission is to support and promote the development of intentional communities and the evolution of cooperative culture.
This record is in the data pool of...
- Fellowship for Intentional Community
Mission: Our vision is a thriving, caring community which celebrates our connection with the earth and with each other.
Just an hour and a quarter from Tasmania's capital city, Hobart, we are surrounded by beaches, forest and magnificent scenery. We are five minutes walk from the centre of Nubeena, where there are many services: district school to year 10, police and emergency services, doctor, chemist, post office, two supermarkets and a tavern.
We have a vision of a way of life that -
● affirms our understanding that we are an integral part of nature, respects all beings, and treads more lightly on the Earth,
● acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land and the rich diversity of our own ancestral histories,
● is resilient and able to adapt to a changing world,
● is sustainable ecologically, socially and economically,
● is developing efficient, sustainable and locally-based systems for food, water and energy,
● is cooperative and mutually supportive,
● has decision-making and group processes which promote harmony,
● encourages a focus on relationship and inner peace,
● provides a safe, loving environment where everyone flourishes and is nurtured,
● is a vibrant hub of community arts and crafts,
● is fully engaged with the larger community of which it is a part, and
● is a place of healing, training and education
- Physical Address
- 1583 Nubeena Rd
- Nubeena, Tasmania 07184
Editors of this entry
There is no current editor for this entry. Would you like to become the editor for this entry?