Data from: (if we've garbled it, blame us not them)
Fellowship for Intentional Community: Our mission is to support and promote the development of intentional communities and the evolution of cooperative culture.
This record is in the data pool of...
- Fellowship for Intentional Community
Mission: Seeking Ecological Harmony and a Meaningful Way of Sustainable Living.
• Oasis Gardens is a 501(c)(5) non-profit member & volunteer supported endeavor that immerses participants in shared ecological, sustainable, productive, socio/economic and humane/spiritual values in a gardening mini-farm homestead style setting that incorporates bio-sustainable, herbal and self-reliant practices into a caring eco-friendly experience.
• In 2012 a private grant was received for setting up the gardens farming projects infrastructure and managed commons accommodations based projects. The programs became a 501c(5) non-profit endeavor in 2015.
• Location is a high desert (5,300 ft altitude) locale with commons facilities supported gardens farming & learning center located on 35 secluded acres that includes fully outfitted homestead/farmstead-style facilities.
• Located an hour's drive of the magnificent Uinta Mountain's 6 forested drainages (Duchesne, Rock Creek, Lake Fork, Yellowstone, Uinta & Whiterocks) and wilderness trailheads, camp grounds, herb walks opportunities and weekend outdoor activities.
• Fully outfitted with: Compact and sub-compact tractors and garden/farming two-wheel tractors, implements; high tunnel hoop house; 4 season green house; fowls (chickens/turkeys/ducks) growing/egg laying projects; pressure irrigated gardens & open pasture; wooded pocket parks & greens; fully outfitted tools shed; sustainable composting projects; numerous zoned gardens; planned for walipini style green houses project; etc.
• Participant amenities include: 3 season outfitter's kitchen & dining arena; a cultural/spirit yurt; 4-season indoor 'Commons' facility (gathering room + kitchen galley + shower/utility room); three 4-season indoor bunking quarters (sleeps 10 individuals); outdoor 3 season line shed sleeping unit (sleeps 4); outdoor 3 season enclosed dry toilets & showers; large weather resistant 3-season Springbar® canvas cabins (accommodates numerous individuals); and an earth sauna/sweat lodge.
• Projects agendas includes: non-chemical ecological friendly centered environs; bio-sustainable gardening; small livestock tending; herbal medicine instruction & practices; nutrition & cooking (incl. vegetarian, paleo and gluten-free meals); ecology-based philosophy & practices; energy & vibrational healing instruction & practices (incl. yoga & meditation).
- Physical Address
- 3727 West Cobble Hollow Drive
- Roosevelt, Utah 84066
- United States
Editors of this entry
There is no current editor for this entry. Would you like to become the editor for this entry?